- New Custom Homes
- Wine Cellars
- Green Remodeling
- Whole House
- Creative Solutions
- Outdoor Living
- Services Services
- Go Green
- Contact Us
- Newsletter Sign Up
- Request a Quote
Building a Sumptuous Master Bath Can Require Finesse and Ingenuity
13 Dec, 2017 Bathroom
Want to know the secret how the Brills of Burke, VA got a bigger, luxurious master bath without bumping out and all, before moving in?
Marie and Greg Brill purchased a foreclosure in Burke, VA. It’s a big outdated and damaged colonial space needed a good bit of help, especially the master bath.
Thankfully, the couple hired the award-winning Fairfax-VA-based firm Michael Nash Design, Build & Homes to do a drastic structural renovation of the master bath before they moved in.
“There were just too many flaws with the existing bath for comfort’s sake and the aesthetics were all wrong,”said Marie Brill. “We wanted a bath that not only was functional, but was as beautiful as the rest of the home we were moving into and we knew we had to pretty much gut the old one to get it.”
Michael Nash Design, Build & Homes enthusiastically accepted the challenge. They decided that a complete redesign is the perfect solution.
“The couple needed fairly dramatic changes to their master bath before moving in so they hired us to design an upscale and luxurious bath that would meet both their living and design needs,” said Sonny Nazemian, the president and CEO of Michael Nash Design, Build & Homes, Inc.
The old bath was crowded and tight, the large 5′ by 10’ tub and tub deck took too much of the space. The shower is a size of a very small phone-booth, limited vanities with no storage, and a commode that was located between the tub and vanity in an awkward, tight space. The aesthetics were no better, Nazemian said. The bath was constructed out with builder-grade materials in outdated colors and styles. What’s even worse – the plumbing was leaky and the water had caused mold.
“We redesigned the whole space to be highly functional while fitting the Brills’ sense of style and luxury,” Nazemian said. “We installed a luxurious custom, frameless glass shower and relocated plumbing so we could add a soaker tub.”
The firm did an amazing job in an idea of custom designed cherry vanities with ample storage space. They put up large mirrors, used black granite countertops and natural tiles of varying sizes to complete the lavish ambiance of the bathroom. Moreover, they smartly relocate the commode to dormer space.
Michael Nash Design, Build & Homes added a leaded glass French door to the bathroom’s entrance for adequate and pleasing light, along with the window giving the room two sources of natural light. For artificial lighting, they installed new recess and vanity lights. Apart from replacing all insulation, drywall and sub flooring, the firm installed high efficiency exhaust fans vented to the roof to ensure that the new bathroom stays dry.
“We love our bathroom,” said Brill. “It’s lovely and exactly what we wanted. As important, it was delivered on budget and in just about a month, so we could move in right on time.” The Brills were so pleased, they also used Michael Nash Design, Build & Homes to redo two other baths and their kitchen.
A Single couple needed drastic changes to their master before moving in.
- The layout of a big 5’x 10’tub deck taking over most of bathroom space
- Vanities had little to no room for storage.
- To the right of bathroom dormer window with very small phone booth-sized shower
- Commode located in between the tub and vanity with an uncomfortable tight space
- Builder grade materials, outdated colors, and style
- Plumbing that is leaking with signs of mold was also an issue.
- Redesigned whole space
- Took down the wall between attic space and bathroom and enlarged a luxurious shower, with custom frameless enclosure.
- Relocated plumbing for new soaker tub added insulation and durock to seal off conditions for mold
- Designed his/her burgundy cherry vanities with much more storage space than before
- Relocated toilet into dormer space for a more comfortable feel
- Installed high efficiency exhaust fan and vented them to the roof
- Energy saving faucets were installed
- Rich dark porcelain tile in many different sizes to enhance space and make the room to appear even larger.
- Client desperately needed new traffic space and new style concept. Contractor delivered a total satisfaction to the client with custom desired amenities and a better flow to the once crowded bathroom.
Upgrade and update your master bathroom. Visit Michael Nash Design, Build & Homes at 8630A Lee Hwy, Fairfax, VA 22031, or you may call 703-641-9800.