1990 Colonial brick front home in Springfield with an attached two door garage was owned by a baby Boomer couple wanting a brand new large master suite to retire into in the near future.
Their objective was to a big Bedroom, walk in closet for him and her, a must larger and more updated Master bathroom and a seating area.
After our design team consulted the couple and tossing around several different ideas, we all agreed on the followings:
- Bump up a 22’x26’ area over the garage
- Vaulted ceiling
- Lots of windows
- Match up the existing front brick elevation to be consistent with the rest of the neighborhood
- Create two walk in closets in the back of the addition
- Create a tray ceiling over the bed area with rope lighting
- Take down the side load bearing wall in order to connect new addition into old bedroom
- Raise up the ceiling in old bedroom and create a tray ceiling with inside rope lighting
- Create an archway with two decorative columns to hide the beam in place
- Continuing Kampos exotic hardwood flooring in order to have a seamless connection
- Converting the old bathroom and old closet all into a large bathroom with following amenities
- 4’x8’ large double size steam shower decorated with glass and porcelain tiles, heave customer glass enclosure, rain shower, body sprays, hand shower , bench and niches
- Heated floor in bathroom with central glass tile medallion complimenting the glass tile picture framing the three mirrors of the vanity area
- Relocating toilet into a corner area ( where use to be the old closet)
- An angle double wing vanity and dressing area down in dark cherry and an exotic stone top with two embedded gold trim sinks
- A new large window in the bathroom to allow more light in master bath and lots of recess lighting throughout.
- Equipping the new addition with new HVAC system in garage area below
- Installing new French door into the office area , making double access from the hallway and master bedroom
- Installing dentil crown molding and detail trim work all around
- Use of high efficiency HVAC system and better insulation system for better efficiency of new addition