- Colonial home in Fairfax Virginia was in a desperate need of kitchen remodeling
- Busy household with couple kids running through grand central were not happy in this galley kitchen.
- Kitchen was located between Family room and dining room and just connected with narrow doorways
- The south side of the kitchen had double window and no way out to back deck
- Vinyl floor and carpet in family room made the space feel separated
- The 20’ wide bearing wall that separated the kitchen from family room was the first thing to go
- Place a large structure beam without placing a middle column was one the main objectives that we accomplished
- Closing the door in family room and convert it a window to create a symmetrical look on both sides of fireplace
- Removing the windows in south side of kitchen, enlarging the header and converting it to a French door therefore a direct connection between kitchen and back deck
- Relocating the sink and dishwasher into the new Island with much more storage and design to allow for seating around it
- Added recess light, indirect lighting and pendent light over middle Island
- Light color painted cabinetry with some glass front and complimenting granite counter top, upscale appliances are just few of amenities of this new kitchen
- Relocating the stove and gas line and ventilation duct to west wall to have a better work triangle
- Use large porcelain floor tile and hardwood flooring throughout to have a seamless connection
- Now clients are getting to enjoy a much larger kitchen, better traffic flow, open floor plan and converse with guest and company in family room
2012 NARI Capital CotY
Finalist Award Winner
2012 NARI Capital CotY, Finalist Award Winner, Residential Kitchen Under $50,000
READY TO GET STARTED?
Just fill out the form below and we will contact you shortly! Or if you would prefer, feel free to call us at (703) 641-9800. Thank you.