2013 NKBA Medium Bath
Young couple moved in to 1990 single family home in an upscale Great falls neighborhood.
The existing colonial style bathroom with dragged looking cabinetry and smaller shower would not agree with this client modern taste.
- After our design staff met with the couple and listen to their modern vision for bathroom, our design team went to drafting table.
- Goal was to enlarge the bathroom, much larger shower stall, steam shower, toilet to be placed out of site, open look from bedroom into bathroom, use of lighter color tones
- Also the walk in closet had to be incorporated into the bathroom expansion
- Challenges was that this bathroom and walk in closet was partially located of the garage areas with couple of bearing walls to be dealt with, taking about two feet of space from bedroom and reframing stairwell headroom to allow the new location of the high-tech toilet-Bidet combo unit. Other issues was running propane gas for double sided fireplace overlooking the Whirlpool and bedroom shared wall, running heat and also heated floors for both bathroom and walk in closet since it has been one of their major complaints.
- Vanities were placed on outside wall and did not meet their storage expectation
- We have designed to move the New much larger shower stall equipped with steam unit, body sprays, rain shower, thermostatic valve and control, customer frameless heavy glass enclosure
Where vanities used to be.
- We have expanded the bathroom by two feet into bedroom, placed the river rock contemporary double sided fireplace between bedroom and bathroom. Adjacent to that we have enlarged the opening for double glass French door with matching espresso stain trim which matches the cabinetry colors
- The toilet was moved to where Shower stall used to be and we have created move floor space through reframing the headroom for stairwell below
- The vanities where moved to where toilet used to be, because it is much larger wall to allow tow tall linen cabinets on both sides of the vanities.
- The modern wall hunger espresso finish vanities with slab on marble top and two tumbled marble vessel sinks add a spark to this bathroom
- We have recessed the mirror with back lighting effect to glorify that wall
- Large 20×20 white marble floor and walls with dark metallic tile was placed on featured walls for added effects
- Enlarging doorway from bathroom to walk in closet with double French glass door pocketed for better traffic flow and allowing light getting through side window
- We have used small size LED lighting with multi stage dimmer switches for better accessibility and client convenience
- Design built in closet systems for his and hers with matching cherry espresso finish cabinetry covered by obscure glass doors and touch pad lighting system added a lot more storage for client as well as better organized closet. The middle island features shoe racks and tie and socks storage.
- The use of high-tech products , sure as flush mount wall sprays and ceiling flush mount rain shower are some the highlights of this remodeling project
- Clean and Slick has been the ultimate goal for this project and customer loves what we have accomplished for them.