2022 PRO Mid Atlantic Remodeler of the Year, Merit Award Residential Kitchen $50,000 – $100,000
The new owner of this Centex complex townhome was about to overhaul their entire first floor.
Having a building industry background, he wanted to explore taking all the interior walls out and creating a much-desired open floor plan with a massive kitchen.
The current home had a front living room followed by a small boxed-out dining room. It had a structured wall separating the back of the house kitchen from the front living space. It was all too chopped up for their daily lives. The floor is a concrete slab. The partition wall was bearing. The HVAC system is located on the second floor, and the supply and return ducts were all boxed in columns in living spaces.
- Eliminating bearing partition walls
- Relocating all supply and return ducts from box columns
- Run 1” gas line from the exterior meter for the new 48” stove
- Cutting the slab concrete to relocate all plumbing and electrical for the new island
The plan was to combine the entire first level and create an open space floor plan. We do this by having the new large kitchen in front of this townhouse and installing a large island in the middle of the space to accommodate big group seating.
The old kitchen was converted into a casual family room seating space facing a wall covered with a linear fireplace and a sheep-lap barded wall with an embedded TV.
The old glued down flooring was removed and replaced with a more contemporary LVT flooring,
The entire space was covered with new LED lighting, floor-to-ceiling cabinetry on the south wall with upgraded appliances, and inside lighting cabinetry.
A gorgeous quartz countertop covering the dark blue island with waterfalls on one end stands tall in the middle of this amazing kitchen. Three pendant lights hover over this massive island to brighten up this new space.
This new living space reveals what an amazing total overhaul has been accomplished and how happy this family is spending all their time on this floor.
The design team spent a lot of time with the couple for details, such as color scheme, backsplash design, countertop slab, and floor design to bring what they desired to their new and improved space.
- Take down the bearing wall between the kitchen and casual sitting room; add recessed beams to span the openings, and create an open floor plan
- The old kitchen was converted into a new family room
- The old sitting room was converted into a new kitchen with a large island
- By extending the kitchen, install a 10-feet long island with a sink, dishwasher, microwave drawer, and lots of storage cabinets
- 7” Distress look wide plank wood floor made white kitchen stunning
- Pro-range & hood designed to be a new eye-catching feature of this kitchen
- Crackle glass backsplash tile & lighted glass cabinet added more flair to the design
- Open up the kitchen to the family room by removing the bearing wall & adding a recessed beam
- Large island for gathering & entertainment
- Laminated quartz on the island for a thicker countertop, giving an elegant look
- A modern farm sink was installed in the center of the large island
- See-through pendant lights & LED recessed lights made this kitchen bright enough for entertainment
- Open floor plan
- The old kitchen was converted into a casual family room. The couch faced a wall covered by the linear fireplace & sheep-lap-barded wall with an embedded TV.
- The smart use of white custom cabinets with burnished gold hardware made this kitchen a warm home for this family