2022 Chrysalis Regional Award Residential Specialty
- This Mount Vernon single-family house has been home to this Marine family of four. They loved their backyard backing into acres of George Washington Mount Vernon Estate. They wanted to maximize the outdoor living space.
- The Old raised deck was torn down; lots of surrounding trees were removed, and the AC compressor was relocated. Now, we have created enough space to design our raised patio for this lovely family.
- We compacted the earth and built‐up retaining walls to be able to have this flagstone patio be at the same level as the kitchen and study.
- An outdoor kitchen was placed with all amenities wrapped in stone with a grill, ice maker, beverage center, and cooker covered with an exotic granite top.
- We have built a tall stone chimney with TV equipment on it.
- Wrap-around stone walls with leading stairs cases and landscaping make this outdoor living space stand tall in this neighborhood.
- A custom‐made knotty pine pergola just in front of the fireplace created a cozy gathering spot. In front of the wood-burning fireplace and just in the middle of the patio is a linear gas burning fire pit with illuminating colored flare flames that makes it all stunning.
- We handpicked the blue stones for the fireplace chimney and retaining walls. The contrast of the knotty wood pergola and the wicker furnishing has all been part of our grand plan.
- The chilly fall nights hanging in front of the fire while dad cooks hot dogs on the grill and the family hangs out on this patio space is one that belongs to a magazine.