2021 Regional CotY Winner for Region 2 Southeast for Basement $100,000 to $250,000
The Older couple reside in golf course community wanted to expand their horizon and finish up their unfinished basement for entertainment purposes and more.
- Their wish list contained of:
- exercise room
- Full scale movie theater
- fireplace area
- Guest Bedroom
- full size master bath suite style
- full bar area
- entertainment and pool table area
- tray ceiling
Design team went to work and drew up plans and finally they all reached to a mutually agreed plans to accommodate all of the above.
- Stair location has created a tough layout
- Steel columns due to sunk in family room above
- Creating hidden compartment for all AV equipment
- Create storage space
- Bar location and bathroom location both far away from soil stack
- Through major breaking concrete and running ground plumbing,we have used a dead corner of basement by staircase to tuck in the bar area.
- The dual entrance bathroom from bedroom and main entertainment area was located on far wall to create a large uninterrupted main floor area
- Use of custom barn door for closet given major floor space to bedroom
New movie theater room with multi-level seating, sound panel walls, couple row of recliner seating’s,120” screen, state of art AV system, custom pattern carpeting, surround sound&in wall speakers,custom molding and trim with fluted columns, custom mahogany Theater doors.
The bar area with copper panel ceiling and rope lighting inside tray area, wrapped around Cherry cabinets and dark Granite top, lots of seating stools and decorated with glass backsplash and listed glass cabinets (stand tall in this basement).
Main seating area with a linear fireplace covered in floor to ceiling ledger stone and embedded Tv aboveit.
The exercise room with two French doors, full mirror walls, couple storage closets, rubber floors given them a full equipped gym at home.
The wasted space under staircase used behind hidden bookcase for storage and AV equipment’s.
New bathroom, with fully equipped body sprays, large corner shower, double vanities and lots of amenities.
Trim work, crown molding, tray ceiling, wainscoting, wide plank engineered flooring, matching stairs and railing, all and all has made this basement the jewel of this community.