Go outside and take a look at your outdoor space.
Don’t you notice something off in your porch?
Don’t you think that your terrace needs an upgrade?
Don’t you think that the worn-out paint of your patio’s wooden baluster is a little unattractive?
Then go back inside your house and start planning the remodel of your outdoor space.
There’s a long list of How to’s in remodeling – the following are just a few of them;
How to begin planning your outdoor space renovation?
How to find the perfect material for your outdoor space?
So far, the most preferred way to end up with your desired remodel, is to seek professional assistance from a remodeling contractor.
Yet, framing up the basic details of your outdoor living ahead of time will let you think things, through such as testing different designs to match up your existing home as well as your budget.
So, how to plan your outdoor living space remodel?
Choosing the materials for your outdoor space remodel
When remodeling your outdoor space, you should match up the materials to be used for the design of your existing home. Here are the five major foundations to base your materials from:
- Wood flooring – To make things easy, use your old wood flooring materials. Yet, it is still wiser to change the whole thing into a new one.
- Roofing – Use metal or three-tab asphalt shingle to avoid the hassle of finding the matching material for the roof of your existing home. However, it is better to have a whole roofing job.
- Siding – If you don’t want to stress out when it comes to your siding, use wood clapboards and shingles because they are quite easy to match.
- Windows – Homeowners nowadays prefer to have double paned glass because they don’t need exterior storms giving it a modern look.
- Doors – You are always free to install a new door, but if you want to save financially, then using your old door – if you have one, is very much advised.
- Paint – Painting is the fun and easy part of every remodeling project because tying together the old and new shade is never a big deal. Your chance of using the same product is very high, if not, you can still use the same shade exactly the same as your old one.
Defining your outdoor space
Actually, pointing out the main function of your outdoor space should be your first priority. Ask yourself, “What would be the activities that will take place in my outdoor space?”
The function of your outdoor space will serve as the backbone of your remodeling plan. Why? Because if you plan to have it for family gatherings, then you need a larger space. If you’ll use it for reading, then you may only need a smaller space. Your layout and design will also depend on the function; it will depend whether to have a middle or wall to wall seating arrangement.
Decorating your outdoor space
Decorating always go with the renovation. Let’s just say, decorating is the enhancer of your whole remodel. Below are the common decors you can have in your outdoor space:
- The sound of water brings a serene and calm feeling in your outdoor living. A tabletop fountain is the most ideal water décor for your outdoor space.
- An outdoor fireplace is now a common part of outdoor living giving that cozy and homey feeling in your space.
- Plants give life to your outdoor space. You can even have the appropriate plant that will suit your desired ambience – such as ferns for a meditative feels.
The secret for a successful remodel is to take things step by step. Just keep your cool and don’t take things too fast because trust me – you’ll surely mess up.
Look for your best match in outdoor space remodeling. Consult with Michael Nash, the expert in additions remodeling with years of providing exceptional remodeling service in Northern Virginia.
Michael Nash Design Build & Homes is a world class, multi-awarded remodeling company which specializes in Complete Kitchen Remodeling, Complete Bathroom Remodeling, Complete Basement Remodeling, and home additions alexandria va. Our expertise also extends to Addition Remodeling as well as Major Renovations, New Custom Homes, Outdoor Living Services, etc. For inquiries and in-home consultations, call us on our mobile number (703) 457-8684. You can also take advantage of our services through these areas: Home Additions Northern VA | Aldie | Alexandria | Annandale | Arlington County | Arlington|Ashburn | Burke | Centreville | Chantilly | Clifton | Dunn Loring | Fairfax County | Fairfax Station | Fairfax | Falls Church|Gainesville | Great Falls | Haymarket | Herndon | Leesburg | Lorton | Loudoun County | Manassas | McLean | Merrifield| Oakton | Potomac Falls | Prince William County | Purcellville | Reston | Springfield | Sterling | Vienna | Woodbridge, VA