A young family in a new development and wanting more out of their home, decided to remodel the 2500 square feet of unfinished space in their basement.
Their goals were to have a future au-pair suite, large entertainment area, multi seating spaces, a gym, and last but not the least, a stage of the art home theater.
They have been accustomed to large gatherings with 50 and more guests, so it was essential to have a large bar / kitchenette area serving the dual purpose.
• Come up with design that make every member of this family happy.
• Smart use of outdoor light, windows and placement of rooms.
• Redesigning the leading stairway from upstairs.
• Relocating all in ground plumbing for new desired full bath and powder room placements.
• Relocating HVAC equipment as they have been an obstacle for a new layout.
• Lots of bulkheads and second floor duct works.
• Positioning the exercise room on the far left corner of the new basement.
• Smart use of daylight and taking advantage of backyard and creek viewed from new exercise room.
• Positioning equipment in between structure steel columns (wrapping columns with decorative paneling).
• Just behind the exercise room is the new home theater room, equipped with state of the art HD screens, projector and sound systems.
• The motif for this room was from Renaissance setting with fluted columns and arch paneled walls, embedded sound systems, double wood theatrical doors and Pomodoro (tomato) paste color scheme (complementing the burgundy leather movie chairs).
• On the right corner of the basement we have designed the large Au-pair bedroom suite, large walk in closet and full large bath furnished with walk in shower stall, built in bench and niches, frameless glass enclosure, cherry vanity cabinets and brick color porcelain tiles.
• The middle back of the basement is now home large bar / kitchenette covered with wrapped around cherry cabinetry covered with dark granite counter top, decorated with orange color pendent lights.
• Bar area offers, multi level of oven, microwave, wine coolers and refrigerator for large gathering.
• The main area now has been covered with large plank wood flooring, lots of lighting, built in niches with lighting to display art works.
• The bulkhead and duct work carefully designed and covered with tray ceiling, crown molding, rope lighting and columns wrapped with paneling and shadow boxing.
• The entire basement has a chair rail, show boxing, double dentil crown molding all to extenuate 9 ft ceiling height.
• The front wall of the basement offers several storage spaces and a new Powder room with heated floors, stand alone furniture style vanity and scone light and more.
• A color full, high tech, multi task state of the art basement serving each and every one of this family’s needs.
• Whether they want to enjoy family time watching their favorite movie or just take a short walk downstairs to their home Gym instead of driving to the closest one 30 minutes away.
• Furnishing this 2500 square foot space will be a hard task for them.
• Now they’re beautiful backyard scenery is visible from their beautiful finished basement.