Newlywed purchased their first home in Suburb of Mount Vernon area hoping to build their family in it.
A three level split foyer with a large room on the top level was a perfect space for their Master bedroom. There was just a big problem. The closest bathroom was 6 steps down in middle level share by three other bedrooms.
For them to better use of the top level and not being jammed in a master bedroom sized as the rest of the other two small bedrooms, was to add a master bath suite to this level.
Few steps up form top level there was an attic space 15’x 24’. It’s been unfinished and needed a lot of work to ever be considered as a candidate for future bathroom.
Design team was optimistic. The saw a lot of potential in the space and perfect solution for their master suite and lack of closet (storage space)
- Floor joist were under sized
- The huge attic fan took over middle of this space
- Flu pipes were in the way of stuff
- No daylight
- No heat source
- Beef up the floor joist & sistering new joists
- Add a new window on outside gable (This required to move the power line away from roof gable)
- Bring in a ductless heat/Ac unit for the space
- Bring up plumbing and soil stack four levels up to attic
- Build closet space on outer edges of the attic (Where roof line were short)
Walking up a few step into a large closet and entering into spa style bathroom, covered with long plank tiles and subway wall tiles, a free standing soaker, double sink vanities and make up desk, a large walk in shower with river bed stone flooring are just a few of the amenities of this newly built space
They never have imagined this type of transformation and an overhaul for such unused space of their home.
Light scheme of paint color, cabinet ,counter color and linear tiles have all contributed to better show off this space.