Family of four living in their 30 years home unwilling to give up their neighborhood and friends or move far away to get their dream home, came to our firm with one thing in mind. Stay put and revamped this ran down colonial home in Reston area.
Design team spend numerous hours to come up with ultimate plans that fit their lifestyle and needs.
The entire 1200 square foot of first floor had to be torn down, all interiors walls, partitioned walls, bearing walls were to be destroyed. The ducts for second floor removed,
- Installing a second system of HVAC for second level.
- Powder room take out and relocated
- Eliminating formal dining room
- Install major structure beams to replace old bearing wall
- Move walls of old kitchen by four feet toward front of the house
- Replace and relocating all south wall windows to allow a large Gourmet county kitchen taking over the back side of the house
- Build up a portion of step down family room to create an informal dining space with a big bay window
- Install very high custom milled exotic walnut wood flooring in 7”-9” wide and long length
- Install matching wood stairs and railing complimenting the custom floors
- Install custom milled work show boxing, wainscoting, crown molding, pocket door French style door partition Living/office room space located in front from back kitchen space.
- Install various lighting sources throughout the entire first floor
- Widening the front hall and hallway, while repositioning new powder room
- Family room old bricked fireplace was restyled with new stacked stone while converted to gas burning fireplace. Surrounded with custom built INS.
- Family room dropped ceiling was raised just enough to allow more height, while old paneling replaced with drywall and paint.
- Entire kitchen is furnished with custom made cabinetry covering entire back wall and couple large windows, home to large size professional appliances for her pleasure
- North wall of kitchen home to 48” fridge and charging/work space
- A large working and eating Island in a dark cherry finish was built to take over center of this massive kitchen
- A new plumbing for butler area was supplied to create butler area featuring wine chiller
- A Unique barn door was implemented to give a privacy option between Living room and foyer
- A secluded area create for Mud room just as you enter from garage door for Locker space and mudroom, she can’t more pleasured not to see kid’s dragging their dirty sports gears and muddy shoes through her kitchen
- Custom Window shutters were installed to tie into the design concepts.
- Paint color choices were creative and clever to set off various aspects of this overhaul project
Their kids were unbelievably happy not to give up their friends, and school and get to live in their growing up neighborhood. White the parents were happy about saving massive amount of cost moving and redoing another home from scratch. Even though that every big remodeling has its own heartaches and pains, but they are well passed that enjoying their new “MADLY gorgeous home”