2022 National NARI, Regional CotY Award Winner, for Region 2 Southeast, Residential Kitchen Over $150,000
After living in this South riding home for over 10 years, they felt cramped in their kitchen space.
With this, the homeowners wanted to explore options to open up the adjacent sunrooms.
- Taking down a structure wall
- Relocating plumbing and duct chase
- Busting through a space in an adjacent garage space
- Converting to gas cooking and creating a large size ventilation exhaust
- Our design staff met with the couple, and over several design meetings, it was unanimous to open up the space in the adjacent sunroom
- Relocating the sink under the west side windows
- Implement a large-scale island in the middle of this kitchen
- Place a 48” gas range and a huge vent with a hood over it on the north wall
- Relocate the family room entrance and move the wall back, eliminating a closet
- Now, this space allows a 48” built-in refrigerator and pantry
- The double-sided fireplace was revamped with the purpose to belong to the new decor
- The right side of the fireplace was designed to turn into a bar space with a beverage center with lots of glass cabinetry for their high-end wine and liquor collection
The main L-shape kitchen with its added space was wrapped in very unique custom-painted denim blue base cabinets and whitewall cabinets. The wood covered hood was in the same denim blue finish.
The full backsplash quartz with white background and blue veins complement the cabinetry. The smart use of Venetian gold hardware made this overall design pop.
The designers introduced a dark gray-brown cherry wood flooring to enhance the blue colors in the kitchen.
Later on, the homeowner expressed how much they loved it that they covered the rest of their homes with it.
Lighting is everything. The clever use of LED stripes lights, recess lights, and pendant lights have all contributed to shining a bright light on this marvelous kitchen. Homeowners get to enjoy daily activities around it.
The old pantry was reframed and redesigned to allow more storage. The newly added space from the garage creates a Puja room (praying room) and a much-needed coat closet.