A busy Italian family wanted to rejuvenate their entire first floor. As their family was growing, their spaces were getting more cramped and getting around was no longer a simple task.
• The large brick wall of the family room with a dragged wood burning fireplace was home to collect excess books and stuff that was no longer seen.
• The fireplace has not been used in decades.
• Lighting was awful, carpeting was dragged, furniture setting never good enough.
• Solid brick and masonry wall was no fun to deal with.
• Gas meter, electrical lines are too far and challenging to be run.
• Creating a warm and inviting family room, while keeping a flow with the rest of the house.
• Interconnecting family room and kitchen.
• Installing extended amount of exotic large plank hardwood continuing from family to the kitchen and beyond.
• Installing new French door to lead into back deck.
• Implementing new structural beam to create an opening between Living room and Family room then installing all glass French doors to let lots of daylights into family room.
• Removing all brick walls, running gas line for new direct vent gas fireplace.
• Run electrical to all sound, music and TV equipment in the new wall.
• Framing the new wall to allow built in bookcases.
• Design is complimenting bookcase and mantels to tie in with their new remodeled kitchen.
• Surrounding the heart with Exotic stone.
• Party is on. Food in the oven, kids running all around, adults are enjoying the Sunday game and wife can be as happy as she can be looking at her new rejuvenated family room.
• The color scheme was welcome and soothing, not dull but exciting.