• This middle age couple living in a prominent neighborhood in Oak Hill, VA, wanted to express their affinity for Asian-inspired design in their master bath large enough to accommodate more than one person.
• Their objectives were to modernize the bathroom and use all unused square footage.
• Add a large shower with lots of amenities.
• Better floor plan and much more storage.
• The large corner tub was not useful to them and hardly used.
• The two small vanities, totally on the opposite wings of the tub were not offering them much of counter space and area to get ready.
• Storage was limited.
• The high cathedral ceiling had a high tunnel effect and did not offer anything to the design of this bathroom.
• 4×4 white tile was boring and ragged.
• Extensive plumbing and flue chases needed to be relocated in order for the new design to work.
• Eliminating the tub, this act created a vase floor space to allow the rest of improvement.
• Locating both vanity cabinets and more cabinetry on long was previously occupied by the tub.
• Harmonized tranquil colors, visuals of flowing waterfalls and clean lines lighted the space.
• Design and build bench cabinetry for more storage.
• Eliminating all closed in walls around toilet area and shower.
• Enlarging the shower stall, creating bench seating.
• Bring in a state of the art shower stall with speakers and iPod hook up capability, multi task body sprays and thermostatic volume controlled with a rain shower.
• A heavy glass enclosures to allow more lights.
• Improving all lighting with streamline lights, such as sloped recess lights, wall sconces and mood lighting.
• Install all glass tiles with creative design patterns on all walls, shower stall, center of floor space and niches.
• Custom design and install Dark Mahogany entrance doors and toilet area door to tie in with the color scheme of vanity cabinetry.
• Carefully selected a linear designed contemporary porcelain tile for floor and walls to extenuate ceiling height.
This was a dream come true for this couple, wishing to have their own spa gateway on their own Master suite.
The fact that they wanted the color scheme of their cabinetry, shutters and doors compliment their new bedroom setting was one their main goals all along.